Remember the Windows “Password Remember” prompt, each time you login to a new website?? Here’s some freaking information about the magic box.
For some sites, we don’t require the auto login , and so might choose “No” in the dialog box. This may end with the dialog box not being displayed ever. So just follow the steps below if you want the prompt back.
* Enter the site and double click the login field
* This displays a list of usernames that are Auto saved.
* Highlight the Username and click “Delete”.
Now try logging in and you are again with the same dialog box.
This can also be acheived with a simple registry setting, if the above isn’t working for you….
* Start ==> Run ==> Enter “Regedit”
* HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerIntelliFormsSPW
* You can see a list of encrypted passwords.
* Now select the SPW key and click “Delete”.
Every password that you enter is saved with a unique SPW key, whether you select “YES” or “NO”.
But the Auto complete data is saved in a different storage:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftProtected Storage System Provider
Each of the passwords can be decrypted with various tools available.