Installing John The ripper on Linux machine
John the ripper is undoubtedly one of the best password cracking tool. People have been experiencing some problems with installing it. So here we bring out a tutorial on how to install the famous password cracker on a Linux machine.
This is the method to install and use john the ripper in fedora/ubuntu (and many other linux as well)..
1) Download john the ripper software
2) Extract it and then copy the text from
3) Save the copy text in john folder with john.patch.
4) Open terminal and go to john folder
5) Now we have to patch our john software with following command
patch -Np1 -i john.patch
6) go to src folder
7) run this command
8) cd .. and goto run folder cd run.
9) Run this commmand
./unshadow /etc/passwd /etc/shadow > filename
10) Finally run this command to crack password
and here you have the ripper running.
Go to our new site- shankee.com